We are ending the year on a good note.
As of today we know that Zach has improved his ACT score. He really did well in reading and English, no surprises there, but he improved them enough to raise his overall score by two points. Zach still doesn't meet the benchmark in math, no surprise there either. Math has always been his most challenging subject, but he met the science benchmark for the first time. Yippee!!!
We also learned that our sponsored child in the Philippines was not in an area affected by the storm. I am so grateful to hear that she is okay. However, others did not fare so well. I am still concerned about her dad. As best I could tell from her letters, he works in an affected area and spends much time away from home for work. I am anxious to hear from her, but letters always take months. Even if she wrote us right after the storm, it will likely be March or later before we hear directly from her.
The not so good news of the day is that Wyatt needs glasses. While I am grateful that he has the opportunity here in America to improve his vision which I am guessing would not be an option in China, he is completely distraught over this. I just hate it for him. In the next couple of years, he faces extensive surgery and orthodontic work, so this just seems like a cruel strike against him.
We have a grand plan for tomorrow. We are going to play with baby tigers. If you are local, inbox me on how to get this opportunity. I wanted to include some friends, but getting the reservation was a frenzy, and they prefer not to have children under 12 participate. Every once in a while the chance of a lifetime comes along, and you seize the opportunity. I will post pictures, but we have out of town company arriving tomorrow evening, so it may take a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.