2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Another Snow Day


Today started off in such a weird way.  I awoke to learn that school was delayed two hours.  I was shocked.  I started getting ready for work anyway.  For a two hour delay, teachers have a one hour delay, and for a one hour delay, teachers get no delay.  I figured that I needed to be no more than half an hour later than normal because we had a guest speaker coming.  The roads were a mess, and I have the only vehicle that sits high off of the ground.  Other than Wyatt, the kids all attend a school that does not do delays, so since I drive the van, I got volunteered to take the girls to the bus stop.

 After that white knuckle drive, I sat in the parking lot awaiting the bus and playing with my phone.  A Facebook post from a co-worker alerted me to the fact that school was closed.  What?!!  Wyatt and I got the day off.  I returned to bed, and when I awoke, we headed out to paint an ornament.  Wyatt's birthday is next week, and he is woefully short on ornaments when compared to the other kids. Over the years the other three and I made ornaments together for various projects.  Mom collected ornaments for them on every single trip she took.  They made ornaments at school and over time each of them amassed a pretty good collection.  Wyatt, on the other hand, has made one ornament at school since public school teachers shy away from this.  Mom had major surgery the year after we brought him home, and she stopped traveling very much.  I also stopped an early habit I had of purchasing an ornament on occasion as stocking stuffers.  We took the kids to paint ornaments two years that included Wyatt, and wouldn't you know, one of his fell off the tree and broke?   :(  

Therefore, I was determined that we would somehow get him another ornament this year.  We took care of the painting today.  It was such fun that I texted Andy and said I want to do this on a date night and do ornaments for all of the kids.  We could reference scripture for each one.  Wouldn't that be fun? He agreed, then we snapped back to reality.  That would be way too expensive, but hey, it's fun to dream every once in a while.

Wyatt gets to pick up his finished ornament on his birthday next Tuesday.  Of course he went with a Pokemon theme.  Everything is Pokemon with him these days, so we will remember this phase well.

As for snow day sledding, yeah…well…I still have never been nor have any of my children.

Maybe next year.  I sure hope we don't have many more snow days this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.