2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, December 31, 2012

Lamb + Me =Righteousness

During a sermon illustration yesterday, our minister talked about the tombstone chosen for Ruth Graham.

As she and Billy were driving through a construction zone one time, she saw a sign and remarked that she wanted the statement from the sign on her tombstone.  It read, "End of construction.  Thank you for your patience."  Her family honored this request and had this included on the tombstone.  When our minister shared a picture of the gravesite, I noticed that she also had a Chinese symbol at the top of the stone.  I vaguely remembered that she had grown up in a missionary family who had served in China.

Intrigued, I decided to investigate this symbol and its meaning.  I found a blog where a commenter mentioned that the symbol on the stone is the Chinese symbol for righteousness.  The comment also mentioned something about the symbol including the symbol for lamb.  This led me to investigate further, and I found this:

http://www.baptist.org/god-in-the-chinese-written-characters-part-2/



Isn't our God amazing?  The symbol for righteousness in China combines the symbols for "lamb" and "me."  We can't be righteous without the lamb, can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.