Great Christmas gifts
 |
| Julia loves the Wildcats. It really started with the NCAA championship last year. She loved that team and finally owns a t-shirt that almost fits along with a hat and earrings. She's still flushed from the fever in some of these pictures. We postponed opening gifts this morning to try and get her fever down only to have it spike again later in the afternoon. I am definitely concerned about this as she is 24 hours into a course of antibiotics and still fighting solid fevers. |
 |
| Our power lifter needed a weight-lifting belt and was thrilled to receive one along with a subscription to "Muscle and Fitness" magazine. Have I mentioned that in his conditioning testing at school, he blew away his competition in all areas except jumping - in other words in all weight lifting categories? Family members reading this can send me an email, and I will shoot you a link to the article. |
 |
| Her first pair of Sperrys |
 |
| He can't get enough of Mario or Webkinz, so he had some of both under the tree. |
 |
| Music! Lots of it! Genesis, U2, and Peter Gabriel. She and Zach both like the old stuff. They are their father's children. |
 |
| Our Bruce Lee fan has a few new items for his collection including a bobble head for his car. |
This is a story about this Christmas that I just have to record for posterity. Anyone who knows me well knows that trying to reach me by phone is nearly impossible. Half the time my cell phone is either off or silenced without my knowledge or worse -
lost misplaced. I lost my phone over the weekend and found it again on Sunday which played perfectly into Andy's Christmas plan. He knows I want the iPhone 5 which will be my first smartphone ever. So, he made up a ringtone using some music app on the computer and added his own lyrics. He then stole my phone which I of course thought I had lost again. He took it to the Apple store to get an iPhone for me and to have it activated with his homemade ringtone. The plan was to put it under the tree and call it. He ran into a big glitch because I am not yet eligible for an upgrade. I am only a few weeks away, so he assumed he would just have to pay a small fee. However, he was going to have to pay the full price of the phone which derailed his plan, so I now have a gift card to get my new phone when the time is right. Isn't he cool?!

More UK stuff...Anthony Davis signed photo which really thrilled her. I was just thrilled to get her cleaned up. She was so sick Christmas Eve and Christmas day that she didn't even change clothes. After fighting a morning fever on Christmas morning, she finally felt well enough to shower and change in the afternoon, and yes, the tank and shrug are new. She's a clothes girl!
These girls are trying so hard to be patient while I open their pigs' ears. I don't think they are crazy about the bandanas from one of Andy's co-workers.
How's this for a great hand-made gift? Scripture upon scripture done by the artist Savannah.
Our best quote of the day comes from Wyatt. Santa was good enough to help a mom out and give every one of the kids socks in their stockings. Wyatt's socks are the same brand and style as the ones I normally buy. When he saw them, he exclaimed, "Really, Mom?! You put my own socks in my stocking?!"
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.