On Monday, December 10th, we officially closed the football season with the annual banquet. This year the senior parents opted to hold the banquet earlier than we have had it in the past giving us an opportunity to give some of the proceeds to our local homeless shelter.
A beautiful, gospel choir greeted us with some good ole soul music and we dined in the former hotel that is now the homeless shelter.
The boys enjoyed a photo booth, but I have yet to see those pictures.
a Trevor and Zach tradition
| linemen |
| Coach Riley and Zach |
| Zach and Coach LeFlors |
| Add caption |
Zach and several teammates were recognized for their all-district awards. I was disappointed that Zach and the boys did not receive footballs for their jackets to commemorate their all-district championship. Maybe they are arriving later? I also noticed that the team broke with tradition this year and did not frame the seniors' jerseys and give them to the boys. With the current economy, this is understandable but definitely a letdown as we looked forward to that keepsake for our sentimental Zach.
All in all, we had a wonderful time celebrating this team. Once again, the video is a fun keepsake. They mic our coach and dub it over the action on the field. He is both encouraging and hilarious. It's a must see.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.