2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Music


On Thursday we gathered for the school Christmas program at Julia's school.  Julia and I had to compromise on her dress as I had a great, red dress for her.  She liked it until she saw this silver dress, so we had to return the red one.  Julia and I simply do not agree on clothes, but I confess that she looked great in the silver too.

Julia participated in both hand chimes, which is an after school program, and as a third grader in this concert.  The hand chimes group played Carol of the Bells very nicely.  It is tradition for the third graders to memorize Luke 2:1-20 and to recite it at this program.  Both Zach and Savannah did this as well.  I believe that Zach actually did this in 2nd grade.

If Julia does hand chimes again, we may see this program again next year.  However, other than the hand chimes group, the only participants are the 1st-3rd graders, so we may have watched our last elementary Christmas program on Thursday night.  sniff. sniff.

sweet friends - Annika, Lucy, Jocelyn, and Julia


excited 3rd graders

I am so grateful to my mom friends who made it possible for Julia to participate in hand chimes.  I cannot get to her school on time to pick her up  after picking Wyatt up from school, so I have to depend on others if Julia is to participate in this.  

I was a little disappointed that Zach and Savannah did not attend as the music teacher had the alumni join the kids at the end of the program to join the kids singing Oh Come all Ye Faithful.  It was a special way to end a special evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.