 |
| silliness from Julia started our day |
While the rest of the family tried out a Seder meal on Friday night, I worked. Saturday morning found Andy and me finishing up our Easter shopping. We then attended Easter services at our church in the evening. During what little down time I had on Saturday, I watched the video of Mom that Danielle made for her funeral and visitation. I pondered the dreams that I have given up and reminisced about good times with my family. This time in the afternoon prepared me for the Easter service held at my church. The message was well-done, and the last song, Jesus Paid it All, was so amazing that I wanted to do it again.
Andy and I went to bed much too late. Preparations for Sunday morning had to be completed before we slept. We awoke today to Krispy Kreme donuts....a really bad dietary start to a day where our diets did not improve much. After awaiting Zach's decision to wake up and join the family, the scavenger hunt for clues to the location of the Easter baskets began. This was followed by the reading of that Easter story as told by Mark all the way up to Jesus' appearance on the road to the disciples and their recognition of Him only moments before He left their presence again.
 |
| I think Wyatt counted the hours all weekend to this holiday. |
 |
| Julia likes her Webkinz lemer. |
 |
| I was a little worried about Wyatt's gift. He loves his Mario shirt. I should have known. Mario is his latest obsession. |
 |
| a piece of sliced agate also thrilled him |
We continued our Easter with haircuts. Yes, we desperately needed them and have been trying to hook up with Tiffany for weeks now. This was followed by a trip to Dad's for a huge and delicious meal, an Easter egg hunt, and coloring eggs. We also challenged each other to Family Feud on the Wii.
 |
| egg hunting while sporting a new, hopefully "cool" haircut |
 |
| Yes, eggs were hidden for the big kids too. The eggs are numbered, and they can only pick up their own numbers. Therefore, the eggs hidden for the big kids can really be in challenging places. |
 |
| Listening to the clues given to help out the big kids was hilarious. They were oblivious to things like, "Zach, how would you like to drive a Honda?" translation...check Grandpa's car |
 |
| our fashion diva insisted on dressing up for the occasion |
 |
| This egg is sticky...eww |
We are now home trying to make preparations for the busy week ahead. In just a few weeks, summer will be upon us. I think we are more than ready for summer after this challenging (on many fronts) school year. That said, you might not be hearing from me in blogland for the next several weeks.
P.S. Bring Me Hope extended the t-shirt offer to today. It is not too late to help an orphan in China attend summer camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.