2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My baby is growing up too fast.

Last night Julia found a shopping bag of candy in our room.  We were getting ready for bed, and there was no going back.  She asked about it, and I told her to just leave it alone.  Julia insisted that the bag was for today.  Finally, I just told her that the Easter bunny has to leave stashes in the houses he visits sometimes.  She asked why the Easter bunny went shopping.  I told her that he didn't go shopping he just used a shopping bag.


Julia then informed me of this:  "You parents don't realize that we kids know all about this stuff, and you bought the candy.  This is just the first time I actually found the candy!  There is no Easter bunny or Santa Claus."


The whole conversation was hilarious.  You just have to know Julia to get it.

1 comment:

  1. ah, those precious moments of passing...passing from childhood innocence into the world of adult make-believe. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.