2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy, We have a situation.

Last night when Julia brushed her teeth, she realized that a tooth which had been very loose was gone.  That resulted in this note.


Julia was completely distraught until I suggested the note.
What does one do with this?  As Julia was finishing her note, she faced the dilemma of whether or not to outright ask for a dollar from the tooth fairy. I suggested that she leave it as it was, and it paid off with this note from the tooth fairy along with a dollar.

Dear Julia,
This is not the first time that a tooth has been lost without making it to a child's pillow.  As I recall it has happened to both your mom and your big sister. Sometimes I am able to find the tooth even if you have lost it. I was not able to find your tooth, but I do not want any child who has lost a tooth to miss a treat from the tooth fairy.  Therefore, I am still visiting you tonight.  Thank you for your note.  You are a sweet girl.  Hang on to the next tooth you lose.  Of course you know that I would really like to have the tooth.

Love,
The Tooth Fairy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.