Yesterday we did a Passover Seder to understand more about The Last Supper. We learned about the four cups: freedom, deliverance, redemption, and thanksgiving. For the cup of deliverance, we talked about the ten plagues on Egypt. We spilled drops from the cup for each of the ten plagues to remember the Egyptians who had to endure them because of Pharaoh. We tasted the bitter herb of horse radish and were glad to drink the cup of redemption. My dad had to make up the cup of thanksgiving's part of the seder because he was missing that part of it. This was the cup from which communion came from.
At the beginning of the seder, Julia and Wyatt got rid of the hidden leavened bread in the dining room because you aren't supposed to have yeast in the house. Later they hid part of the unleavened bread and dad had to find it. They got a reward because he did not find it. This was a cool experience to learn about.
Post by: Savannah Page
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.