I awoke Saturday morning to a little bit of bliss. I was up early and had to spend most of the day at work, but I had an hour to myself. With my journal in hand, my Bible and a somewhat decent pen, I did some reading and writing while Wyatt played Bey Blades nearby. When they awoke Julia and Savannah joined him. It was quiet and very little bickering ensued. Ah, if every morning could start this way.
Today started much differently. I awoke after a mostly sleepless night and raced to get out the door to church. When we arrived at home, as promised, I let the kids build their gingerbread village after lunch. Some of the pieces of the kit were broken, and putting together that village was a bit tedious, but we did a house a couple of years ago, and Wyatt has not let me forget it. He thought that was a tradition of ours....hmm, not exactly. Savannah and Julia were happy to chime in and hope we would do it again. After constructing a couple of the buildings, I left the process in the hands of the kids. I do believe I heard Wyatt threaten to kill his sisters a couple of times (BIG no-no). So apparently, I was not the only one stressed by this little cute kit. I think they ended up mostly happy, and if the homemaking gene kicks in later this week, we will definitely go for something easier and tastier such as homemade gingerbread cookies.
| Wyatt had to get innovative with the construction. |
| The garbage disposal is leaking, badly leaking |
At least he is willing to read the instructions.
I have a total of four Christmas gifts purchased. I think the big kids and I will conquer the mall and miss whatever might fly from the kitchen. Hmm...which is scarier, the mall on the last weekend before Christmas, or a non-handy man fixing a garbage disposal? I might start biting my nails.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.