2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, December 25, 2010

21!


21 is Savannah's ACT score which she took as part of the Duke TIP program.  We are so excited that our 7th grader pulled off a college entry score on the ACT.  This is the breakdown of her test.
English 21* (57th percentile)
Mathematics 22* (62nd percentile)
Reading 21* (54th percentile)
Science 20  (48th percentile)

All the scores with an * next to them indicate college readiness in those areas. In other words, she is ready for first year college courses.  The scores below are the benchmark scores for college readiness.
English 18
Mathematics 22
Reading 21
Science 24

Savannah told us on the day of the test that the science was really hard and that she was only half way finished when the five minute warning was called.  She did not answer "C" on all of the blanks as Andy advised, or maybe it would have been higher (lol).

I am most impressed with her math score because she is taking pre-algebra this year.  She has so much more math to cover before heading off to college, and this is her best subject.

Now, if she is college ready, why am I paying tuition for middle school?  Shouldn't I just save my money for the next five years and skip on ahead to college?  Oh yeah, she's twelve and small.  I don't want her running around a college campus, and she can't drive. sigh I guess she can stay put in the school she loves with the friends that the whole family loves.

Go Savannah!

1 comment:

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.