2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Daddy Daughter Date Night

Our American Heritage Girls troop held their annual Father/Daughter night tonight.  For the first time in our eight year history with the troop, this event arrived during the Christmas season.  Typically, the Mother/Daughter tea gets the Christmas booking.  Andy and the girls enjoyed their time together.  Julia arrived at home anxious to share every detail of the evening from the crafts they did to the movie they watched (Sweetpea Beauty - Veggie Tales). I just love it when kids have such a great time that they want to share every detail.  Savannah liked last year's event better.  She said last year was just fun while this year they concentrated on earning a badge.

They are ready to head out.  What a contrast my daughters are from Savannah's fair complexion and  Julia's dark complexion to the clothes they chose to wear. They could go dressy or casual. As you can see, Julia chose dressy, and Savannah chose casual while Andy tried to stick to the middle.

 The crafts included personal prayer lists on bookmarks and thank you cards for their church teachers and leaders.
 They also crafted these doll ornaments.  They had the option of buying the ornament or donating it.  All proceeds go to the worthy cause of stopping child trafficking.  Savannah's doll came home with them, and Julia donated hers.  Andy forgot about this part of the night and did not carry enough cash to buy both.  This, however, is not a problem as Julia has never actually played with a doll in her life and is not one bit sentimental about anything. 

Andy had me laughing about the dolls.  He told me I should have seen the looks on the dads' faces when it was announced that they would be making dolls.  They went on to tell the dads about the cards and bookmarks, but they had already lost the dads with the announcement about the dolls.

I still have some pictures from November that I need to post, and I want to end this post with prayers for my mom.  She is going through a lot of stuff tomorrow (see her Facebook post from Friday below), and she is dreading it.
 Finally got home from the infusion center a little before 8 and I am totally wiped out. Going Monday for thoracentesis and paracentesis. My lower extremities are so edematous I can hardly raise them, so some Lasix for a couple of days to see if that helps. Even though this sounds negative, I actually feel pretty well and I thank God for every day I have (even the bad ones). 

You see why I have to steal her post.  I only speak English, not medical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.