We enjoyed another grown-up princess party today...the occasion..ahem, a celebration for Mother's day with my mother in law. You might remember that we took my mom out for Mother's day tea on the day before Father's day. We run a bit behind here. In our defense on this one, my mother-in-law lives three hours away. Today also happens to be her birthday, so we combined the celebration.
Julia actually agreed to wear a hat. Of course it required beads and feathers in abundance for the glam girl.
Along with the scrumptious goodies you see here, we each enjoyed a bottomless pot of flavored tea. Everyone at the table chose a different tea, and we sampled each other's. I found a couple that I liked. I really enjoyed my own chocolate turtle tea.
Andy's sisters also made the three hour drive to be there, and Alicia came as well. Alicia used to run with Andy's dad. They trained for marathons together, and she was there the day of the accident that sent him running straight to his eternal home in the arms of Jesus.

I would say this catches us up, but I have yet to give my dad his birthday gift. I'm only a month overdue on that and have no excuse. My own birthday is coming up on Friday. I sure hope 40 is indeed the new 30.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.