2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Vacation Post #2
It is Tuesday, July 13th as I type this.

We enjoyed some time in the ocean on both Sunday and Monday.  Monday night concluded with lots of fun --- crab hunting!  Yep, feisty crabs run the beach at night.  With the help of a net, a flashlight, and a bucket, the kids had a ball catching these sonic speed creatures.  Shrieks rang out from the beach, and it was a blast!

Because we are on an island, the sun does not set on the beach but on the bay, so I set my alarm to wake for the sunrise this morning.  I probably should have looked up the time of sunrise here as I was an hour early, but I got some nice shots of the sunrise, had some nice Bible time to follow and then took a lengthy nap.   When I awoke God said hello through the dolphins playing in the waves.  We enjoyed watching them leap from the water right from the window.

We then headed to the beach and convinced Wyatt and Julia to come along.  They had an awesome time playing in the waves and on the boogie board. Julia likes jumping the waves on her own even if the water is above her head.  She shouts "I got this one!" so that you know to let her go.  Wyatt hangs onto my back for the fun.

funny quotes from the little people:
Wyatt was anxious to head to the pool this morning, but Andy and I were not quite ready.  He found his Aunt Tara poolside and told her that he had informed Andy and me that she would watch him.

"This water is super duper salty!"  -Wyatt

"I love the ocean!" She then threw her hands up in the air and shouted with exuberance,  "I love California!!!!"  -Julia  (Wyatt was quick to point out that we are in Florida. To which Julia responded, "California sounds better."


Wyatt-first day on the beach with pockets so full of shells that his trunks kept slipping and coming quite close to revealing more of Wyatt than is appropriate for public viewing.
Game time!
The view of the pool from the deck.
a dead crab provided by Uncle Tony and a delight to Wyatt - the crab is not coming home with us much to Wyatt's dismay

King of the Hill
Zach is strong, but his Uncle Jonathan can still take him.
Julia loves doing handstands in the pool.

Vacation is rough, but someone has to do it. Tiffany posed this picture, and Andy took it while I was napping.  Julia asked if I had seen it and if I thought it was funny.  She then told me that she is funny.
Sometimes we get silly.
Sometimes it takes a group effort to try and get a picture of Grandpa.  It never works, but it is fun to try.
Beautiful girl, beautiful sunset.  God does good work.
Grandpa and Julia go head to head playing pool.
Wow!  She is learning to play pool and already trying fancy moves.
Crab hunting!


Awaiting sunrise...

Ah, there it is.
This critter met us in the driveway on our way back from watching the sunrise.

She can't get enough.

Savannah has to keep a shirt on her fair skin to protect her from further painful burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.