In perfect Tamara style, I slept for most of the ride home. I just know those of you who are family are falling over in shock over this revelation (yes, I agree with Andy that a sarcasm font is a great idea).
I returned and updated Facebook, soaked in the pool for a while and then played in rather rowdy waves in the Gulf. Oh my, what fun! The kids enjoyed the waves and dug a big hole, and I decided today that I really could live in Florida (on beachfront property, of course). I would certainly settle for another week, but another day will have to do. I just love, love, love vacation, and my heart breaks every year over the very real fact that this could be the last.
Just what do I love?
17 people, one house, private pool
no cell phone (folks, we are roaming here, all phones are off)
such amazing pictures
time with God on the deck
family, family, family
my oh so generous parents who feed us well
the beach
did I mention the beach?
yes the beach
sunrise
sunset
naps whenever
more adults than kids, so I really get a break
funny kid expressions
kids and their antics
no job here
the laundry Nazi (that is what we call my sister who constantly washes clothes, I have now taken to putting dirty laundry in the laundry room as I will never have access to the washer and dryer, and my clothes just show up clean)
humor
laughs
getting to forget the cares of this world (other than when my dad constantly talks politics)
remembering that God is an amazing creator
making incredible memories
reveling in just how close my family is--so blessed
and now you know why a second job is worth the cost because I am just trying to hang on to abundant life with a group of people I really love
What I love about this vacation...
Wyatt has volunteered to pray during family devotion time twice. He has almost always refused in the past stating that he does not know how to pray. I talked with him about how to pray on several occasions to no avail, so my joy is huge over this change.
Wyatt and Julia love bouncing in the waves, and watching them is so much fun.
I love the calm water when we all relax in the ocean and when God kicks it up a notch allowing us to bounce in the waves.
All 17 of us are here. Jonathan and Danielle were on their honeymoon last year when we vacationed.
Julia just couldn't get enough when she played in the waves.
![]() |
| Check Zach out below...a few years back. It goes so fast! |
Wyatt spent much time watching Cartoon Network. He lets us know that he is a deprived child because we did not have cable for long after he came home.
I cracked up over this. Logan dug a hole, filled it with water, and then sat in it. I called it his toilet.
my brother Joshua
Game time- This was the first time the group played Quelf, and it was hysterical. Zach had to dance around like a ballerina. Savannah had to hula hoop. Danielle had to pretend she was playing drums like Ringo Starr. This game is side-splitting funny.




truly an AWESOME POST. :)
ReplyDelete