2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Older than the rainbow

Savannah has field hockey camp this week, and storms are predicted for our area off and on all week, I think.  She started camp last night, and Julia had gymnastics at the same time.  Zach and Andy were at doggie obedience training with Shiloh, and a small storm started.  Because Savannah was outside without shelter, I raced Wyatt out of the gym to head up to school to rescue Savannah. 

As we made our way to school, Wyatt pointed out a spectacular rainbow.  He was very excited about it, and I asked if he knew the story of the rainbow.  He told me that sunshine and rain makes a rainbow.  I then proceeded to tell him the story of Noah and the ark.  I am pretty sure Wyatt has not heard the story or does not remember it if he has.  When I finished the story, he asked if this all happened when I was a little girl.  NICE!  When I told him, "no," he asked if it happened when Michael Jackson was little.  He then asked if Michael Jackson was born in the 1960's and was so excited when I confirmed that.  Noah was forgotten as Wyatt was basking in the excitement over guessing when Michael Jackson was born.

1 comment:

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.