2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, June 4, 2010

Six!

June 4th holds special significance in this family. 

  • June 4th, 2004 Julia is born.

  • June 4th, 2005, two grandmas, Andy, Zachary, and Savannah and I board planes bound for Hong Kong on our way to meet the birthday girl.

  • On June 4th, 2008, Andy and I  once again board planes, this time to Beijing on our way to meet Wyatt.



  • Julia has so looked forward to turning six.  She spent the day enjoying donuts (Did you know today is national donut day, and this was started by the Salvation Army as a fund raiser to help needy people? What a shame it is that we now use it as an excuse to indulge rather than an opportunity to give). 

  • I left work after only a half day so that the family could swim together, something Zach no longer has any interest in doing.  I took the only picture of Julia that was taken today at the pool. 

  • After our time at the pool, Andy hurried to fix Julia's choices for dinner tonight.  They included mashed potatoes with sausage gravy, chicken strips, biscuits and corn on the cob. 

  • Julia then went to gymnastics while Andy and I watched her and sought a birthday gift.  I have a Bible that she wants on order and am disappointed that it is not here on time.  With her increasing time at the gym, we decided to let her choose a second leotard.  Her choice would not have been my choice, but she likes to call herself a monkey, so I suppose it is appropriate.  I thought ordering online instead of buying a leotard at the gym would be cheaper.  I was wrong and went over budget on this one...YIKES!

  • Savannah gave Julia some money, and Julia was delighted to open a wallet that she can now use.
Now that Julia is six, I am okay with her losing that first wiggly tooth that she has.  It has been wiggly for about two weeks now, and I was so afraid she would lose it at five - too young in my opinion.  Poor Wyatt has yet to have a wiggly tooth. He has really also struggled with all the attention Julia has received today.  sigh

We will continue celebrating Julia's birthday with family and friends through the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY COW! incredibly uncanny how one date holds so many significant memories! :) what a cool story. HAPPY BDAY MONKEY!:)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.