2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, June 13, 2010

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

Two years ago when Wyatt arrived from China, I thought he would never like swimming.  His first attempts at trying it had him absolutely clinging to me.  He eventually graduated to floats, but as you can see, he felt safest with two floats.  However, at this point on our July vacation that year, he was actually jumping into the pool with two floats - a major step considering where he started just weeks earlier. 
Wyatt - July 2008
One awesome trait of Wyatt's is his perseverance. When Wyatt sets his mind on accomplishing something, you can bet that if it is physically possible, he will do it. This year Wyatt has wanted to jump off the diving board. Andy was very firm that he would need to see Wyatt swim across the pool without touching the bottom in order to get permission to try the board. In typical Wyatt style, he worked and worked at accomplishing this, and finally got Andy's approval tonight. A tentative Wyatt headed down the board, and jumped right in! I did not have the camera, so I plan to take the kids to the pool tomorrow for the necessary Kodak moment, and of course the picture will be posted here. For the record I must add that Savannah also went off the board for the first time tonight. Savannah has never been fond of swimming and has not really learned to swim very well, so this was a milestone for her as well!
Wyatt - June 14, 2010 -Notice how he hams it up for the camera even mid-jump.
Julia was pretending to be a variety of animals as she jumped.  This time she was a crocodile.  She is trying to learn to dive!

1 comment:

  1. oh i love it! perserverance is one of my trademarks too so GO WYATT! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.