2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Toy Story 3

We were treated to a movie today and enjoyed seeing Toy Story 3.  Thanks to my sister or mom (not really clear on who paid) for this gift.  It was a sentimental movie and a good closure to this trilogy but a sad reminder that in just four years, we will be looking at letting Zach go to college or the military or whatever seems to be the best fit for him at that time.  Wyatt would not wear the 3D glasses for most of the movie, but the 3D action was really not necessary.  It would be a good movie without this special effect.  Wow!  The Toy Story movies cover some ground in the childhoods of my children.  Zach received a Rex when he had his tonsils removed just before his fifth birthday.  I remember when my grandma (Grandma by the Lake) gave him some money that combined with some other money he had was just enough to buy a Buzz Lightyear, and we stopped on our way home from her apartment at a nearby Toys R Us to buy it.  Julia wants a Woody and is trying to figure out how to save for one with no allowance.  Several months ago, Wyatt was pining for a Woody and enjoying Zach's old Buzz Lightyear. Both Wyatt and Julia counted the days until this movie was released.  When I saw that it was 3D, I knew the tickets would be pricey and told them we would not be seeing it in theaters. That news disappointed Savannah as well, so this was truly a nice family gift.

Andy arrived in China this morning, and he may do some posting on the blog from there.  He is a gifted writer, so his posts are sure to be more interesting than mine.  It will be nice to have his perspective on this family scrapbook. 

Naturally, I learned that I have a job interview right after he left.  It is scheduled for tomorrow, and the timing is rather crummy as I can’t really start a new job for the next couple of weeks.  I will be honest about that, and see if God opens this door.  It sounds like there are several interviews scheduled, and I did not get my message that they wanted to interview me until two days after it was sent. I do trust that God will provide whether or not it involves a second job.

One funny story:  Andy e-mailed from Shanghai to report that he immediately thought of Wyatt when he flipped on the TV and found a Chinese MTV type of station that was playing a Michael Jackson video countdown.  Apparently, the dancers are Asian, and one Asian boy reminded him of Wyatt when he stated that he had shown Michael Jackson his dance.  When I relayed this message to Wyatt, he chucked his hopes of getting an Ultraman action figure out of this trip and asked for a copy of this on video.  Of course Andy can't make that happen.

Tamara

1 comment:

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.