2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wyatt closes baseball season with a hit!

Wyatt's last baseball game took place today, and he finished strong.  This was Wyatt's first season of baseball, and his age group has already progressed to machine pitch.  Wyatt struggled all season with both his swings and with making contact with the ball. Today his swings looked great, and we were just hoping for contact with the ball.  He got one hit in practice for the season, and for his last at bat today, he nailed a second hit!  Beaming, he ran to first! I was not ready with the camera:(  The next batter got Wyatt to second, but the ball headed right for third base with the following hitter, so Wyatt didn't make it to third. 

Following the game the team gathered for devotion time, and the coach noted Wyatt's success. 
After their time of devotion, the kids received their trophies, and the parents formed a tunnel for them to walk through while we cheered.
We normally skip the concession stand, but Wyatt really wanted a ring pop, so I obliged since he had such a good game.  I was rewarded with a hug and kiss right there in front of everyone at the ball fields.  I am well aware that those won't continue. :)

I have blogged much this week, and even with Andy out of town, it has been a blessed week.  After several months of bad news after bad news, it is nice to remember how much we have to celebrate and to have a week of reprieve.

1 comment:

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.