2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thanksgiving in the Hassle

Early this summer I visited our local school uniform store to pick up necessary school uniform pieces that Wyatt and Julia will need in just under two weeks.  My plan was to buy the pieces during the store's only summer sale and then try and get them at the used uniform sale returning whatever I did not need to the store.  I realized immediately that my plan would not work.  The store has a 30 day return policy, and the used uniform sale fell 32 days after my purchase.  Once the kids hit middle school, I find very little that I can use at the used uniform sale, so I opted to just hang onto my purchases.  I only buy uniforms about every other year anyway.  I only bought Julia one skirt last year, and she wore a second skirt that was a hand me down using a pony tail holder to rig it so that it fit.  This year I bought her a second skirt, and I have not ruled out picking up a third - the third being a skirt that she can continue to wear into high school provided she stays at the same school and experiences little growth (both unlikely at this point).  I do laundry frequently enough that my kids usually do not have more than three uniforms, but I can't say that will be the case this year with only two kids at home.

This week I took Wyatt to see the doctor, and the doctor noted that Wyatt seems to be on the brink of a growth spurt and has, in fact, started growing.  Last night I had him try on his uniform pants, and he cannot button them.  They fit great in June.  Yikes!!! I know I can't return them per the store policy, but I am hoping I can exchange them.  They have the tags, and I have the receipt.  It's a hassle to go to this store so close to the start of school.  It's crowded, and getting a dressing room is hard.  I am torn between two sizes for Wyatt, so he needs to go and try them on.  

But-----he grew!  He grew, and he did it quickly.  Within two months, Wyatt can't button pants?!  I will give thanks for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.