We are a hurting people. I am burdened for my country right now, for other countries. We desperately need mercy, understanding, wisdom, and love--I know of only one source for all of the above. I am drawn in to the point of drowning in the heaviness of continual social media posts of varying opinions of the events taking place in this troubling time. I lose focus and easily forget that I have a Prince of Peace, and the problems of this world should seem dim if I am truly chasing Him as I should.
I can't fix it, but I saw a social media post about a movement to set an alarm on your phone for 8:00p.m. and to pray for our nation for one minute at that time. I have been doing that. I can't fix it, but I can try and love people right where they are. I will be intentionally doing that next week with a really cool service project, and I will share more on that later.
Right now, we are coming off of a crazy, busy week - more on that later. This post is my warning that my next posts will be humorous and celebratory. That does not mean that I have buried my head in the sand and forgotten that we have work to do to be united in my country or that I am not grieving the events of the past days. I just have to take a break from the heaviness.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.