2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dive Team


Julia tried and enjoyed the dive team this summer.  This made the first six weeks of summer a bit more hectic with two meets (one for swim and one for dive) a week and daily back to back practices.

Her season was disrupted by two camps and vacation, so she only participated in two dive meets before champs.  She learned two new dives the last week of practices and debuted them at champs.  Her warm-up dives were beautiful at champs, but her competition dives could have been better.  She finished 8th which I think is great for the first season.  Dive is kind of heartbreaking.  Julia finished ahead of a teammate who is an excellent diver.  S just had a bad meet.  They only get one shot for each dive in front of the judges.  I really wish they had two.  It would make the meets insanely long, but these are kids, and I think they put less pressure on themselves if they know they get more than one chance.
Her beautiful warm-up dive.  This is actually a still shot from a video.  I think it is so cool that you can do that- the dive is pretty cool too.


Dive team pep rally.  They played a game in the pool where they collected ping pong balls for tokens at the restaurant where they gathered after champs.


After champs dinner - some of the 12U girls.  They become better friends every summer.

Warning: my next few posts are all about Julia.  Our lives have revolved around her this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.