2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, October 21, 2011

Wyatt's performance

He takes his place on the stage and starts scanning the crowded cafeteria.  Other parents stand and wave to get the attention of their children.  I am not so forward, but I know this moment is important.  I look right at him, waving slightly, willing him to look in my direction.  Every child wants to find their parents in the audience, but this child must do it.  He has only known a permanent mom for just over three years, still shy of the five and a half years that he only knew foster moms and nannies.  Finally his eyes fix on mine.  I blow him a kiss, and he responds in kind.  The performance starts, and Julia and I enjoy the fun songs of autumn presented by Wyatt and his third grade peers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.