Last night's football game held a bit of the future for the team. The winning team would hold the #1 place in the district. During the first quarter, our opposing team scored two touchdowns. OUCH! Our guys responded with a 2 point play followed by a touchdown. We scored another touchdown before our opponents added any more points to the board. We then scored a late touchdown and held the other team with a final score of 29 to 21. While the team victory was sweet, Zach saw no action for himself. When I asked to take a picture of him after the game, he told me that I take pictures after every game (not true). I told him that I wanted a clean uniform picture to which he responded, "that's not how I want it." Point taken. I know he was disappointed to not have the playing time, but I think his coaches are protecting his leg for the upcoming tournament. We have to win one more game at home to hold onto our #1 spot.
| Zach is #99 |
| This is Julia's idea of proper attire for a football game. |
| This is why Wyatt loves football, unlimited DS time. |
| Per school tradition, coats were collected for the homeless and hung along the fence. The goal was to go all the way around the field with them. |
| We had a special guest, and everyone won a Chick fil' A meal during a half time kickoff contest. The game was intense and the victory was sweet. Our funny story of the night naturally involved Wyatt. Maybe I haven't shared this on the blog before, but our Wyatt is quite the flirt. Savannah likes to watch football and usually stays with us instead of running around with her friends. Let's face it, they are there to socialize rather than watch the game. Last night, however, she had arranged to hang out with a friend as a raincheck because they could not get together a few weeks ago. Wyatt bought some sour patch straws (a big favorite of all of our kids, and I can't say I totally get it) with his own money. He saw Savannah with her friends and decided he should offer her one. He did so along with a hug and exclamation about how much he loves his sister. Naturally, the teenage girls oohed and ahed and expressed how cute Wyatt is. He then turned on the charm with winks for the girls and a return visit to hug his sister again. What can I say? Watch out girls! I think he is only going to get worse. Aside from the coat drive, this game allowed the seniors to fund raise for their yearlong project. They have adopted an orphanage in India and are trying to raise $35,000 to build a school for the orphans. The money they earned with their tailgating party last night along with the baked goods sold for any donation the customer was willing to give appeared to kick them off to a great start. I saw several people in the t-shirts they sold to raise money as well, and being the sucker that I am for causes that help orphans, I bought the shirt. In other news this week, Savannah wrapped up field hockey on Thursday. She plans to play in an indoor league starting in November. This year really turned on her love for the sport and her drive to improve, so the indoor league should address both. Julia has been invited to move up to level 2 in tumbling. That is pretty good for a girl not yet old enough for this class. She is now also old enough to start pursuing her longtime dream of becoming a cheerleader. Her school allows the second graders to join and intramural squad. This is all good an exciting, but having the fees hit all at once is no fun, and we are ready for a lighter schedule around here. Since I touched on the orphan problem in this post, I'd like to close by sharing a link to Russell Moore's blog. He is a strong advocate for adoption and has a book out about it. However, this post addresses the wrong reasons for adoption, and I could not have expressed it better myself. Don't Adopt |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.