On Zach's actual birthday, he proceeded straight from school to an away football game...far away. Therefore, we had no permit test or really any other celebration. I did place the sign outside of his school, and he claims he saw it. However, Savannah claims that she knew to look for it, almost missed it, and that Zach was on the wrong side of the bus. Maybe he is concerned about his mom's feelings. Nonetheless Zach appreciated the gesture.
The only thing I remember about my 16th birthday is that my mom sent a balloon guy to my band practice to embarrass me, and it worked. She also insisted that I get my permit that day (much easier to accomplish with a summer birthday). She thought it would be so cool to have my birthday on my permit. I, however, was not so interested in having a permit. I am the oldest of six, so I knew where that was going..."Tamara, can you run Jonathan up to practice? Could you go to the grocery? Could you pick up Tessa?" Thanks, but no thanks. Being responsible for a 2 ton machine did not exactly appeal to me either, but I did get my permit on my birthday, and I don't know when Zach will get his. I won't even take him until he reads the manual, so it's on him.
I did not attend his game last night as Savannah had someplace to be, and I was concerned about the homework and dinner that needed to be conquered for our other kiddos. I am sorry I missed the serenade Zach received after the game. When Andy congratulated him on a good game (Zach accomplished a couple of tackles and an unofficial fumble recovery) and wished him a happy birthday, another parent overheard. The parents then sang Happy Birthday to him. Well the coaches heard that, and they led the team in singing Happy Birthday to him as well. I suspect that this sounded more like joyful noise, but Zach likes the attention.
Our last bit of news from a great weekend is that Savannah now likes roller coasters. Who knew? Savannah and Zach spent Saturday at an amusement park with their cousins and aunts and uncles. She rode the coasters and really liked them...especially the ones that go upside down. Savannah says that she will have to find a new group for the band's annual trip to this park. The girls she hung with last year don't ride coasters. Ironically, one of her friends refused to hang out with her last year because she did not want to force Savannah to ride. Savannah secretly wished that she would. That's where having Mom around would help. She was pretty good about forcing us to ride roller coasters. Savannah has some of the family blood in her after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.