Savannah debuted on the JV team yesterday afternoon following a freshman game. She has much to learn, but the small JV team was grateful for the help and very encouraging. She enjoyed the experience. We raced home from that game to see the football team in action 30 minutes away. We were chilly for these games, so we prepared with a blanket and long johns for the evening game (I should say I prepared. Andy is fine in hoodie and jeans...brrr). They enjoyed a solid win with the final score at 63 to 13. Zach rested most of the second half, and while I want to see him play, I am really growing concerned about his leg. The trainer is not so sure this is shin splints because Zach struggles to identify where the pain is originating so there is some suspicion that his knee is now injured. I am going to decide over the weekend whether we should seek the advice of an orthopedic.
Our sports action continued this afternoon with Julia's soccer game. She loves the game and a fall threw her ability to play today into question. A band-aid and an ice pack cured the injury enough for her to play. Julia's team faced her friend Molly's team, and the game ended in a tie.
As for Wyatt, he just can't seem to commit to an activity or sport, and that is fine for now. However, Wyatt works his parents when it comes to the games. He has permission to play his DS in the car or at the games. Suddenly his interest in attending the games has increased, and he can usually be found under the bleachers (the bleachers block the sun so that he can see the screen) playing his games.
hmmm, We have a problem.
Andy did insist on tossing the football with Wyatt today while Julia's team held their pre-game practice. I guess that is one step in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.