Sunday, July 17, 2011
![]() |
| I let the boys carry the pink boxes. |
I awoke to rain this morning, but it cleared pretty quickly. Andy, Joshua and I walked over a mile (one way) to purchase Thomas' Donuts which we have heard are all the rage in this area. If we are going to eat donuts, we are going to work for them. We slept in so Andy was the only one to indulge in the much sought after key lime donut....he claimed the last one in the shop first thing upon his arrival at the counter.
![]() |
| We returned to find Savannah and Tara poolside and working on their nails. |
![]() |
| We love our little poolside bar. |
![]() |
| It rained off and on. Julia, Andy and I spent some time at the beach. We are very disappointed that the seaweed is too intense to really enjoy the water. We all love playing in the ocean. The kids spent a lot of time in the pool, and we finally headed to the beach for the sunset and some baseball. |
![]() |
| The beach is pretty but crowded. |
![]() |
| Regan was not so sure about her first experience with the sand and surf. I think she may just be a girlie girl and not so interested in anything icky. |
![]() |
| I failed to mention on the blog prior to now that Jonathan broke his ankle last week. He has a scooter, big black boot, and crutches. He cannot bear weight on this ankle for six weeks. It really stinks because this is vacation, and he had hoped to join us for an end of summer splurge at an amusement park in a few weeks. |
![]() |
| Wyatt searches and searches for shells. He longs to find a pearl and a sand dollar. |
![]() |
| Julia took this shot. She's a pretty good photographer, don't ya think? |
![]() |
| Julia strikes again. |
![]() |
| Several of us went to Pier Park to check out the stuff after the sun went down. Zach found this cool mask. Tara and I found fun earrings, and I plan to return for a bracelet I loved. We rocked some Journey and Lynard Skynard driving along the strip on the way home. |
![]() |
| We just had to do this! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.