2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bucket List

Our church has a weekly paper, and each week a new member is usually profiled. One of the typical questions is "name something on your bucket list." This has gotten me to think lately about my "bucket list." I don't know that anything on this list is a MUST do before I die because to live is Christ and to die is gain, but this is my expensive wish list.

  • take the family to do a summer camp with Bring Me Hope in China - interesting because I don't jump at the chance to volunteer at summer camp with my own kids
  • take the family to Disney World -it would be very cool to do this while at least one child is still enthralled with the wonder of it all
  • take the family to Washington DC and tour all the traditional stuff along with the National Zoo
  • visit the CCAI office in Colorado and find the pictures of Wyatt and Julia on the wall
  • go on a heritage tour of China
  • go to Estes Park and go horseback riding in the mountains (I did this a few years ago, and I think it was my favorite part of any vacation I have ever had).
  • let each of the kids be an only child for a weekend - getaway with Mom and Dad (This appeals to me to have each one of them all to themselves for a weekend, but I am one of six children and not so sure this would have appealed to me as a child.
  • get Andy to take Salsa or ballroom dance lessons with me (Okay this may be even more unlikely than my next wish).
One more - adopt a young girl (2 or younger) from China with a minor heart condition. I list this separately because it is the most unlikely of the list to happen aside from the dance class with my husband which is definitely the least likely to happen.
The rest of these are of lower priority to me, but I would like to do them.
  • go to Hawaii
  • take an Alaskan cruise

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are blogging. I noticed you commented on your other webpage that you won't have it up too much longer & I need to get my "fix" now & then.

    I like your 'bucket list'. You never know about that adoption request! I am a firm believer that God gives us those desires and there is likely a reason for it.

    If I wrote a bucket list, it would include a heritage tour of China -- in about 4 years, a cruise with the entire family (that's a LOT of people), a week to spend at Disney World, and a mission trip to China. There would definitely be some other things on that list, but those would be my top choices. Oh, and I always wanted to take dance lessons with Doug, but Doug doesn't dance! My Daddy loved to dance and I sure do miss it. He was a great dancer and loved to waltz. Since Momma didn't dance, I had plenty of opportunity to waltz! lol.

    So I rally do understand your list. I hope you get everything on that list and the sooner, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i just had to leave a comment about this one. i loved adopting one more time in a close race w/ salsa lessons. ha ha! you and me both!!!!! wow you are a fantastic blogger! i've never checked out your other site but i really like this one. s's artwork is really, really good! i'm glad i wandered over to your site tonite. :) my prediction - you will accomplish BOTH of those latter bucket list dreams!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.