


I will let you in on a typical Saturday at our house. We awake early so that Andy and Wyatt can get to Bitty Basketball. I go later and watch for a bit before taking Julia to gymnastics. Meanwhile, back at home Zachary catches a ride to a nearby county for wrestling practice, and Savannah could end up at home, basketball, gymnastics, or all three. Savannah's sports fall in the fall and spring as she likes to run and is interested in trying field hockey in the fall. She is our artist, and I will definitely be posting some of her work here.
Anyway, yesterday Zachary had to catch a ride to the regional tournament. Andy joined him there after gymnastics, and I got a phone call that Zach had pinned the guy in his first match of the day and would be wrestling to qualify for state. This is his first year! Naturally, I loaded all the kids up and headed to the tournament. I missed the state qualification match which Zachary lost. He was two points away from qualifying. He then wrestled to determine whether he would be 5th or 6th in the region, and low and behold, he got another pin! He placed 5th in the region, and only 3 members of our 7 member team were able to complete the tournament. They all placed in the top six which means they all got medals. WooHoo
... and then another surprise...Zachary's coach chose him as most valuable player for the team. The coach has worked very hard to develop this team, and he wants the school to pick it up. He had a great day yesterday!
11 teams competed ----some teams had more than one wrestler per weight class---- none of our boys wrestle in the same weight class----our missing boys were either too young, too new, injured or ill
Congratulations, Zachary!
ReplyDelete