2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, January 2, 2009

I am playing with this blogging thing today and experimenting with pictures. I did not know they would load backwords, so it may make more sense to read from the bottom to the top of this post. I worked on taking down our Christmas decorations today. We collect ornaments and have so many that have a story behind them, so I took pictures of a few of them and decided to store them here, for now anyway.

Andy and I had a much needed weekend getaway to Coloarado a couple of years ago. We bought these gorgeous ornaments for the kids. This one happens to belong to Savannah.


This ornament brings back memories. When Zachary was little his favorite animal was the cheetah. We were walking through Lazarus one day (I think it wasn't Macy's yet) and saw this on a decorated tree. It was a little pricey and an impulse buy, but I have never regretted it, and I have never seen one since.

These snowmen were actually created using Wyatt's handprint. He made this at school this year, and it is definitely a keeper.



We bought this last year to celebrate our first Christmas in the home in which we hope to finish raising our family.




This is a Li Bien ornament from Pier 1. Li Bien is the Chinese art of inside painting. I have no idea what fish in Santa hats have to do with Christmas, but for whatever reason, I thought this ornament was whimsical and fun, so I bought it - after Christmas for half price. I gave it to Julia who always complains that everyone has more ornaments than her.





Wyatt's first Christmas ornament - sometimes children arrive on planes, and sometimes boys like planes. Wyatt does like planes, but he claims that he does not want to ride one again as the plane hurt his stomach.






Okay, now I am learning that the pictures load backwards., so here is our fireplace decorated for Christmas.














I am still learning on this blog thing, so I am going to try and post some pictures. I took down the Christmas decorations today. It always makes me sad to start that, but once I get going I am fine. The house just looks so pretty when it is all decorated.






so, this is the tree - it may get a new look next year as Savannah threw out most of the bows because they are worn out - the ribbon is pretty worn as well































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.