2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, January 16, 2009

brr Baby, it's cold!

While the temperature plummeted to 0 degrees here last night, an explosion at about 3:30am awoke the girls and me. Andy was already up to let Bambi (our thirteen year old dog) out. The electricity went out and did not return until noon. While the rest of us went to work and school, Andy worked on starting the generator loaned to us months ago. We were supposed to empty the gas out of it so that they could pick it up today, but we have changed our plans, and they will get it tomorrow. Ultimately, Andy (aka my hero) missed the day at work to save our small animals (2 hermit crabs and a gecko), and to take care of the generator while making sure our pipes did not freeze.
By the way, this is the coldest day in four years here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.