2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Little Miss Amazing




This has been a humorous and exciting week for Julia.

On Sunday, she put together the ensemble pictured here and even came up with her own pose.

On Monday, she slept right through her kindergarten test (which happened to be at naptime.)

On Thursday, she finally got to take her test, and when I picked her up from preschool, she told me she had done very well.

"I only missed three." - Julia

"How do you know, did they tell you that?" -Me

"No, I just know." - Julia

"Do you mean that there were only three questions you didn't know?" -Me

"Yes" - Julia


On my way out of the building, the principal stopped me to schedule an appointment to go over Julia's results, and I learned that her test hadn't even been scored.


I met with the principal on Friday afternoon. Julia did amazingly well on the test.


On Saturday, Julia went to gymnastics, and her teacher approached me about putting her in a more advanced class because she has such "potential." She asked if I saw how straight Julia keeps her legs on the handstands and how she automatically points her toes.

We suspected that Julia had a bent toward gymnastics, and that is why she started taking it. She was already teaching herself cartwheels and climbing everything. Since the time she was a toddler we have known that her upper body strength is impressive. However, when approached about a more advanced class, I had to ask about the cost. Fortunately, it is the same as her current class.

Julia was considering quitting gymnastics, but after the conversation with her teacher, I told her that maybe she should try this. I said, "Julia, I think God has given you this gift, and maybe we should just see what he might want to do with this." Of course, I also told her that we did not want her to do this if she doesn't love gymnastics. She is now excited about the opportunity, and let me just say that I am not dreaming of an Olympian here. We are not in the financial category that would allow for the training that would require, but it may offer flexibility for employment when she is a teenager if she can work with the younger kids at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.