2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, January 26, 2015

When the cat's away...

Last night we hosted a few neighbors for a  gathering to get to know each other.  This was straying from the agenda a bit.  We did not sign up to host, but the original hosts had a sick child, and we hated to see it cancelled.  I am an uneasy hostess.  My house has some wear and tear, and it is not the perfect place I long for it to be.  I am helpless to renovate or even update a coat of paint until we see a drop in tuition.  For years tuition has increased higher and faster than our income, and we are way out of balance right now despite cutting just about everything that was fun from our budget.  However, I think the gathering went okay. I enjoyed it.

This morning when I went to show someone a picture on my phone, I found about 200 of the following type pictures.  During lunch I scrolled through them, and laughed to myself.  So this is what the kids do when the parents are hanging with adults in another room.  I have to say that this is also the reason I have a lock code on my phone.  Clearly I have let one too many of the kids know it.









The sloth is Zach's modus operandi.  I used to find hundreds of them on my phone-hence the lock code.


Normally, I would find the pictures when trying to take a picture and discover a full phone.  Today, I just laughed.  I sent a few to Andy.  He responded with, "you are the fun parent."  It's a running joke around here.  I tell the kids that I am the fun parent because I make sure the fun happens -translation, I am the planner.

Where's Wyatt, you ask?  I am sure he was very involved in a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.