2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Choosing a mate

Driving the kids home from school yesterday was quite the adventure. In an unusual turn of events, I wound up with a van full of kids.  After dropping off the first two, I shared a story I heard on the radio:
Police were called to the home of an elderly couple for a domestic dispute.  Upon their arrival, they found a man struggling to care for his wife who suffers from dementia.  He sold his wedding band to buy groceries, and she was giving him grief over doing it.  The responding officers gathered their police brotherhood together and collected enough money to cover the groceries and to buy the ring back.  They also made sure this couple will receive the services they need going forward.

I shared this story with the kids, and the girls loved the kindness of the officers and agreed that the police probably do this more often than anyone realizes, but they often get bad press.

Wyatt took the opportunity to tell us that when he meets a beautiful woman and marries her, he will have a wedding band.  Wyatt went on to tell us about his dream bride.  She will love video games, but not first person shooter games.  Wyatt does not associate with those who love first person shooter games. We all agreed that a girl who loves first person shooter games would not get a first date with him.  I warned him to make sure she is beautiful on the inside.  Out of curiosity I asked if he would be okay if he has a child who does not love video games.  Wyatt's response was awesome.  "Of course I will.  We don't have to like the same things to bond.  Like Dad and me; we don't like the same things, but we bond."

Awww, that's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.