Taking Savannah's pictures this fall was fairly easy. We found some cute sweaters on clearance that were a nice match to some scarves she already owned. These combinations were great for pictures, just enough solid with just enough pattern to have some fun but keep the focus on Savannah rather than her clothes. I am finding picture taking much more difficult for Wyatt and Julia. Wyatt has plenty of clothes, and I have no desire to make any unnecessary purchases especially since he tends to only rotate three for four items in his wardrobe neglecting the rest of it. However, when going through his clothes, I could not find anything appropriate for photographs that we have not already used for photos. When I found a great sale for a different look for Wyatt, I went for it. Julia, likewise, has her own wardrobe issues. She is growing so fast that I can hardly keep up, and she tends to resign herself to sweats. I found a cute sweater (on sale though not quite a good enough sale) that I know she will wear often, but I just can't commit to it for the price, so we are still searching for appropriate wardrobe for her. The problem is that we have to shoot the photos when the lighting is right, and we have to be free to do it when the lighting is right. Lighting was a struggle for Wyatt's photos, and today is perfect, but I am still trying to figure out what Julia can wear that will reflect her personality and my desire to keep the focus on her rather than the clothes.
In less than great lighting, we went for it yesterday with Wyatt. He has a charming and fun personality with a great smile to match it, but when it comes to pictures, his smile seems mostly forced. Savannah is a much easier subject because she smiles often and easily. The harder part for her is a serious look because she cracks up every time I try to get her to be serious for a picture. I had to edit because of the lighting issues, but these are some of my favorites from Wyatt's session.
In other news regarding my rethinking social media post, I am fairly certain that I will go private with the blog in a few weeks. At some point I will also reconsider my Facebook list.








the pictures are great.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer.
ReplyDelete