Back in July when Andy and I passed that 21 year mark in our marriage, he purchased a winery tour coupon for us. It was a steal, and we finally put it to use today. The drive was so beautiful with all the fall foliage bursting with color. We drove through a small town so pretty that I don't know why anyone would not want to live there. I confess that I slept most of the way there. I blame my mom for this unique talent of mine. She lulled me to sleep by taking me for drives when I was a baby, and I rarely last long in a car before I am out.
We have never done anything like this. We are not wine connoisseurs. In fact, Andy says it's good for him that I really do not like expensive wines and prefer the cheap ones, but I do not drink often enough that it would make much difference either way. It was a very laid back and interesting experience. We enjoyed it and now have commemorative wine glasses to remember this anniversary.
I think this would be so much fun to do with a group of girlfriends, lots of time to talk, not too pricey and just plain fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.