2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

She makes me laugh


Bombs fall.  Planes crash.  The sex trade continues to keep women and children in horrible bondage.  People go hungry.  Friends face unemployment. Babies are abandoned by parents unable to take care of them. Christians are martyred.  I can and do lose sleep over it.  It is hard to balance the happiness of living in a first world country and all it offers with the suffering both nearby and far away.  Sometimes the heaviness of it threatens to choke me.

However, I have a fun and funny family, and I have to remind myself that immense suffering occurred thousands of years ago so that we can have abundant joy.

Julia continues her obsession with making duck tape crafts - especially wallets.  I posted long ago about my wallet after finally finding the perfect wallet.  I may soon post about finding the perfect purse.  I am picky about these things -1st world problems, I know.

Julia studied my wallet. She was determined to sell me on a duck tape wallet and sell it to me.  She knows my qualifications. It must have room for my cards, checkbook, bills, change and ID.  I prefer it also to have a place for a pen, but my purse has one, so I can give up the wallet pen holder if I have to.

We agreed on a price.  She chose tape that she hoped I would like but did confirm that before she started this project.

Finally, she presented the following wallet to me wrapped in paper and sealed in plastic.  She delivered on every requirement except the pen holder.




Julia included this invoice.  I laughed.  It is so nice to laugh over the simplest of things when you sometimes feel like you are drowning in the sorrows of the world.  Clearly, she pays attention to detail.  She also put us on notice today that she eavesdrops - yep, we knew that already.

She was so excited about the wallet that she took the time to transfer all my stuff from my old wallet to my new one when I did not have the time to do it.  My dad came over last night, and she proudly showed it to him.  He said he would have never guessed it was made of duck tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.