2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's a good week

One of Savannah's friends regretted missing her birthday so much that she promised to make it up to her.  Savannah joined E and her family at their lake home over the weekend where Savannah enjoyed tubing and knee-boarding for the first time.  She actually got up on the knee-board on her first try.

She returned home beat up from the tubing, but Neosporin and the fun she had totally make up for the scrapes and scabs.



Savannah received her first paycheck today.  She and I were both surprised that it came to $92.91.  Savannah is a saver, but I think she might enjoy a little splurge on something fun with her money.  We have a great little eclectic jewelry shop in town where Savannah found some fun earrings about a month ago.  They are very affordable too, so maybe we will head over there for some earrings later this week.

Yes, her checks come the old fashioned way.  Savannah learned a few things about reading gross vs. net income on her  check stub. She also learned to complete a deposit slip at the bank.  

 So far, she's enjoying a fabulous week. I am so glad as this is my last week of summer, so we have very little time to get in any fun.  It is too cool today for the pool or a water park, so Savannah and I (hopefully Wyatt and Julia too) are going to visit the walking bridge.  Savannah is very intrigued after seeing the pictures from our anniversary visit.

We are really hoping for more good news to share about Savannah on the blog tomorrow, so stop back by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.