2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Welcome to double digits, Julia


Julia reached double digits today.  How can it be that my baby is already here?  I am really longing to add a toddler to our mix again.  While our hearts are always open to adoption, we have mountains in our way.  

We will celebrate later. We really just needed a break from all the May madness before jumping into a party again.  Today was low key.  Julia forgot it was her birthday until Tara called to wish her a happy birthday.  Julia had to check the computer to make sure Tara wasn't making it up.  I was at work.  After work, I collected teacher gifts for Wyatt's teachers before taking Julia to swim practice.  She asked for donuts for dessert, so we enjoyed donuts tonight.  Savannah has not left the house since Sunday, so I took her shopping while Andy fixed dinner.

Julia asked for only one gift this year.  She wanted a trampoline.  We could not justify/afford that.  However, it is her year for a kid party.  Julia asked to have it at an indoor trampoline park.  When we started considering the cost of a party, we decided that a trampoline cost only a bit more.  Therefore, we are having a party at home with a trampoline.  Julia will pay us back for a considerable amount of the cost of the trampoline, but this is a win-win.  See how she worked that?  hmm

We have the trampoline in a box in our living room.  Julia really wanted it to be set up today, but we spent the afternoon under the threat of really damaging storms.  I am sorry to say that tomorrow does not look good either.  Wyatt's graduation is tomorrow evening.  This birthday girl will have to wait.  Knowing that, I did buy some nail polish in her favorite blue and did her toenails tonight. I am hoping that we will have a little extra money at the end of summer so that the girls and I can splurge on pedicures.  I would really love to do that. 

possibly my all-time favorite picture of Julia
She was probably five when this was taken.  I think it captures her beauty and fun-loving personality.





I did not think I would get a picture of her on her birthday, so when she asked me to videotape her round off/ back handspring in the pool, I obliged.


I did end up with pictures of Julia taken today.  Zach asked what she wanted for her birthday.  We were texting back and forth, and she wanted to know with whom I was texting.  She went on to assure me that she could act surprised if I gave away any secrets.  These are her "surprised" faces.  She's actually pretty good.




Wyatt got in on the act.

This is the day that the Lord has made extra special for our family.  I was reminded of that when work was really rough today.  I was barely two hours into my day when I started emailing Andy and stating that I just want to quit.  I want to work in a Christian school. Then I remembered that this is the day that the Lord has made, and our family celebrates this date for the following reasons:

6/4/2004 - Julia is born
6/4/2005- We board a plane bound for China to adopt Julia.
6/4/2008- We board a plane bound for China to adopt Wyatt.

Cause to rejoice indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.