We enjoyed Wyatt's fifth grade promotion ceremony tonight. He was so excited and animated as he marched in the processional. Wyatt was actually dancing in his place during parts of the ceremony.
 |
| Wyatt's teacher - Ms. S. |
 |
| Wyatt wanted his siblings there, and they showed up. |
 |
The church was really pretty. One of the teachers sobbed while announcing the names. I loved that the recessional music was the theme song for Star Wars.
The class sang "Count on Me" from Bruno Mars, a very appropriate graduation song.
|
 |
| We enjoyed Dairy Queen after the party. Wyatt chose a smoothie, but Andy, Savannah, and I know that a s'mores blizzard is the best. |
 |
| I love his promotion certificate. It is nicely presented. |
 |
| He received an art award- an affirmation of my guess that he is a talented artist. |
Now we must make good on a year old promise. It was about a year ago that Wyatt asked how come he had never gotten to eat at the Olive Garden. We told him that would be a nice way to celebrate finishing fifth grade, so I think Andy, Wyatt, and I have a Saturday lunch date planned. I hope we enjoy it. Andy and I were less than impressed the last time we were at the Olive Garden which was probably around the time Wyatt asked why he had not been there.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.