When we received the message that Wyatt wanted to tell us something on the eve of his return from camp, I suspected that I knew what he wanted. My suspicion was confirmed when we finally reached Wyatt and learned that he wanted to be baptized in the lake at camp. His counselor shared that Wyatt has a true heart for Jesus. Another counselor told us today that Wyatt read his Bible all the time at camp.
He's come a long way.
Andy took off work. I cancelled my inservice, and somehow we managed to get the whole family there to witness this great event. Andy's mom drove three hours to stand in the scorching heat for this. She has not missed a single baptism for our kids, and Wyatt is the last. How special is she?
Justin baptized Wyatt. Justin happens to be a student at the school where I teach. I didn't realize it at the time, but his mom and I were both counselors at the 3rd-5th grade camp last year. We talked quite a bit during that camp, and Justin's aunt and uncle are old friends.
Wyatt declared it the best camp ever and stated he will be returning next year. I asked if it was the best because of his baptism or if the camp was just that great. His response: both.
Today would have been an inservice day for me, but I cancelled my PD to be there for Wyatt. Therefore, it became my first day of summer after a long, long school year. It will be the shortest summer ever, but I'd say we are off to a great start.
Way to go Wyatt! We love you so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.