Julia wanted only one gift for her birthday. She wanted a trampoline. We could not afford that as a birthday gift, but when we figured the price of a kid party at a trampoline park, we decided that with some creative financing, we could have the party at home with a trampoline she could keep. Part of that financing depended on Julia receiving birthday money from the family. She has been thrilled with the trampoline and very careful to try and take good care of it. She received enough monetary gifts to cover her portion of the cost and still have some fun money left over. She has a very generous and big family as well as very generous friends. Praying blessings on them all for making this a special birthday for her.
Regan kept asking to get on the trampoline. Just wait for the big girls to get off. Can I come back tomorrow and play on the trampoline, she asked. You sure can, sweet girl.
Thirsty? No need to head back to the kitchen, just take a drink from the Slip 'N' Slide.
The teens ganged up on the girls to spray them and pour buckets of water on them while they were in the trampoline. I think Uncle Jonathan coordinated this. He's such a big kid.
I loved her cake design, so festive and fun.
Dad is really struggling to get around. He missed seeing Julia open her gifts because he could not go outside to the deck where there were no empty seats. When Julia and one of her friends wanted to review her gifts, Julia opted to pull out her cards and show every one to her grandpa. I think he really enjoyed that.
My sweet mother-in-law jumped in to help wherever needed. She helped serve food and fill water balloons. Thankful for her.
I hope everyone had a blast! My party goals are always that everyone has a great time, and nobody gets physically hurt or hurt feelings. Okay there's one more, that nobody steps in dog poop. With two dogs I can never be sure that we got all of it up or that they didn't go again after pre-party clean up.
In other family news, I am still working. Since this winter left us with the latest starting and shortest summer break ever, I totally forgot Gotcha Days and only remembered when a travel mate tagged me in a Gotcha Day post on FB. So, happy belated Gotcha Day to two kiddos who have blessed this family beyond measure - Wyatt (June 9, 2008) and Julia (June 7, 2004)!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.