2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, May 20, 2013

Stitch Fix Box 1 is here

Here goes.  I am putting myself out there.  I typically avoid being in front of the camera.  I prefer being behind it. My first Stitch Fix package arrived today.  Check out what was in the box, and let me know your thoughts.



I really could use some gold earrings, and these are cute.  They, however, do not make the cut because I am very choosy about earrings.  These are posts, and posts tend to be uncomfortable for me.  I wear french hooks (not fish hooks-very picky about that) almost exclusively. 

When I opened the box, I was sure this nautical shirt would be a winner.  I love the nautical look and have been eyeing the popular navy and white striped shirts of all varieties.  However, I did not find it to be as flattering on me as I had hoped.  I would need to really love this to fork over $48 for it.




I did not expect to like the green shirt.  I just felt that the color was too fallish instead of springish. However, the first thing I noticed when I tried it on was just how soft it is.  It is so comfortable and very flattering.  I think this one is likely a keeper though still a bit high at $48.  This one is Andy's favorite.






 I asked for jackets, and my stylist delivered.  I pointed out in my profile that while I like jackets, they tend to look boxy on me. This black jacket is flattering, I think.  However, it is a tad short in the back, and at $98, out of reach.


I have always wanted to try a longer spring jacket, and this red one is so much fun.  I do wish the cut was more tailored than swing.  When buttoned, it looks like a maternity jacket.  However, I really like the look when it is open.  It is also out of reach at $98.




Julia took care of the photography and posed me.  I think the green blouse is the keeper.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.