We have had quite a week here. Andy traveled Monday through Wednesday, and the kids were on their own to get to school in the morning. Kudos to Zach and Savannah. Zach drove everyone to the appropriate locations. Savannah administered medicine, secured the house, managed the morning routine for the dogs, and made sure everyone was awake on time. All went well.
The kids were rewarded for their efforts on Friday. Zach attended prom. Savannah enjoyed a concert. Wyatt visited a friend for a sleepover, and Julia went to my brother's house to hang out with Regan. Julia and Regan are crazy about each other, but Julia awoke at 5:00 in the morning on Friday and crashed before her two-year-old cousin.
I'm so proud of Zach. He handled everything regarding his prom. He and his date went out and chose his tux. He ordered the flowers without any prompting, and paid for everything out of his own earnings.
an appropriate tie for the boy known as Bonecrusher
Andy and I run into students from Zach's school and ask if they know him. The answer is usually "no" unless we ask if they know Bonecrusher.
Zach thought it was fun to take a Gatsby picture. I hate everything it implies. As I recall Gatsby was not a great guy, and I do not condone underage drinking. However, Zach was so cute posed like this that I have to share. No alcohol was used in the making of this picture. He used something that is probably worse for him- a Venom energy drink...gross.
final touches
Zach's date. M is beautiful inside and out. She has been Julia's camp counselor for the last two years, I think. Julia insists that I do not register to be a camp counselor because she is afraid that would take M away from her.
gotta work with Zach on putting his arm around the girl's waist
a T and Zach classic, I should pull all the pictures of them in this pose and make a post just about that
T's girlfriend K with M, having fun being sassy
Aren't they fun?!
good football buddies
These are some of the guys that Zach will miss terribly when high school ends.
I love how natural these two are in this picture.
I don't know why my full length photos all looked washed out. I am so disappointed that I don't have a good full picture of M's beautiful dress. We got sidetracked outside while waiting for the others to do individual couple pictures inside and did not get back in for a picture. I think I would have gotten a better shot inside in this instance, so I screwed up.
We had to leave to get to the concert, so I hurried. In the end I was sorry that I did not stay and go late to the concert. The band we were there to see did not start until two hours after the concert started. Our seats were easy to get to, so I could have stayed for the pictures I wanted. We originally planned to meet in a park for pictures, and a professional photographer agreed to meet us there to take pictures for a very reasonable $20 per couple. Because it rained all day, that plan was cancelled. Zach and M had too much fun at the dance to stop for professional pictures, so I am disappointed in the pictures but glad they had that much fun.
My friend (T's mom) shared this with me. They took this picture of the kids doing the Bonecrusher after we left the home of the family who graciously allowed us all to gather there for pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.