The high school had spirit week this week. Uniforms were ditched for a little bit of fun.
The most interesting day, and I would argue the most fun for Savannah was hipster day. I learned a whole new word. We had to research this one to pull this costume together, and Savannah actually drew the palm tree on her t-shirt with a Sharpie. She does not get this talent from me. Go ahead and Google hipster if this is new to you too.
Of course the last day of the week was simply a show your school spirit day. Zach chose to dress as the school mascot - a centurion. Savannah wore a school t-shirt and sweatshirt and wrote the school initials on her cheek. Zach anchored the junior class in the tug-of-war competition, but they lost to the seniors. That may have been fixed, but the seniors have to win spirit week, right?
Is it obvious that we forced them to have their pictures taken? Really, I think I have ruined them. My grandkids are going to have to live close to us if I am to get any pictures.
As part of a fundraiser for the senior class project which is always missions related, the principal kissed a pig.
I love a school that offers some good clean fun. While on the subject of school, please join us in praying for our decision about school. Wyatt really wants to join his siblings, and we are looking at trying to make it a go for next year. It is dependent on a couple of things but getting tuition assistance is huge in this decision. Please join us in praying about this.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.