One night this week, we were under a winter advisory. Andy went out for a run just before the weather started getting really nasty. When we thought he had been gone for over an hour (we were incorrect on the time he left) and the sleet was really coming down, we started to worry. Julia (always the daddy's girl) made frequent trips to the front door to watch for him. She caught a glimpse of him running by the house, and in her relief, she stated: "Good! Now I can get on with my long, wonderful life. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you or Dad or Shiloh." I thanked her for putting us right up there with the dog. Julia then informed me that are actually a bit lower than the dog because she (the dog) is just so cute!
In other Julia news, we ran into a friend of Andy's at the grocery. When Andy introduced us, Julia told the friend that she is the most awesome person in this family. Good grief! Sometimes she is just incorrigible!
Lastly, I may have learned something about myself this week. I really tried to make myself a runner last year. I have always done better when I have exercised in group fitness classes, but they are so pricey. This week, because of the weather, I have run on two days on an indoor track in a gym. I like it. I guess I am just not an outdoor runner. Andy says it figures - another area in which we are complete opposites.
In other Julia news, we ran into a friend of Andy's at the grocery. When Andy introduced us, Julia told the friend that she is the most awesome person in this family. Good grief! Sometimes she is just incorrigible!
Lastly, I may have learned something about myself this week. I really tried to make myself a runner last year. I have always done better when I have exercised in group fitness classes, but they are so pricey. This week, because of the weather, I have run on two days on an indoor track in a gym. I like it. I guess I am just not an outdoor runner. Andy says it figures - another area in which we are complete opposites.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.