vacation
On Monday July 13th we hit the road for a vacation in the mountains. My parents and brothers and sisters minus Jonathan are all here. It was too late to do much the first night, but I did take the kids swimming while Andy snapped this shot of the sunset off of our deck.
On Tuesday we went hiking. We chose a trail that had a waterfall and set off. Unfortunately, the group got separated. Savannah and I found ourselves on the wrong trail and took a strenuous path toward a waterfall (the wrong one). It was about 6.5 miles round trip, and we were really scooting trying to catch the group, but we figured out pretty fast that there was no way Wyatt and Julia managed that trail. I don't know how close we got before we turned back to find the group. As it turned out, Andy, Wyatt and Julia got separated from Zach, Tara, and Joshua. Zach turned back, and Tara and Joshua were the only ones to make it to the falls. We found an easier trail (the right one) further up the road, so hopefully, we will try it again.
We did get a few good pictures, and the drive was pretty scenic.
along the drive
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.