2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Remembering


I waited today to get an estimate to have the air ducts cleaned at my parents' house.  While doing so, I remembered
The exact spot where I set up my first cell phone

The very place where Julia (maybe four years old) hugged her Christmas present after telling us she would.  Also, the place where she put on that fancy beret, her last Christmas gift from Mom.

The copier where I left Zach's passport the night before we flew out to meet Julia - thankfully, I caught my mistake in time for Mom to deliver it to the airport.

the place where we enjoyed burgers and warned the kids not to touch the grill

The crash pad during the ice storm of 2009 when we had no power at our own house...one of a few times we had to crash there including a couple of days this year.

My mom's recliner was right against that window on the left, and around that corner, Tiffany curled and twirled Savannah's hair for school events.  This was the big room where we had a Wii party one holiday weekend.  

In the pantry you could find peanut butter crackers and paper plates - always!

Of course this doesn't look like it did.  The floors are different and the walls a new color, but the bones didn't change.  


If the walls could talk...there would be stories I wouldn't want them to tell and stories of lots of laughs and fun and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.